In QGIS 2.18.15, I open a project and my component shapefiles have migrated to the west coast of Africa. Here's what's leading up to this:
- I've disabled OTF on startup since there are well-documented geometry calculation issues that arise with OTF enabled.
- My default projection is set to EPSG 102710 (NAD 1983 State Plane New Hampshire US Feet). All component shapefiles are projected to this as well.
- When trying to calculate acreage for various polygons, these calculations are wonky, thus:
- The "output preview" for the expression $area / 43560 correctly displays acreage, and yet:
- The calculated column in the attribute table returns a value that is 1/10.7639 of the actual value. There are 10.7639 square feet in a square meter.
- When I add a new vector layer, the "selected CRS" always displays as WGS 84 and I must manually select EPSG 102710, even though this is set to the default.
So it seems QGIS is defaulting to WGS 84 and metric measurements. If I turn OTF off, my shapefiles return from the African Atlantic to their rightful places in New Hampshire.
I do have several QuickmapServices layers included in my project.
Happy to provide other info if needed.