1

I'm trying to add 5 different fields to a bunch of shapefiles. I've made a model to automate it, which I'll post a picture of. It says it succeeded when it's finished running, but none of the shapefiles have the added fields in their dbf file. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Edit: The dbf files are in a subfolder of the folder I'm using for the iteration. I've made sure the recursive radio box is checked.

enter image description here

  • Your model looks ok, do you have write permission? – Hornbydd Jan 29 '18 at 14:15
  • Yup, I do. I get no errors or anything when I run the model either. – S. Price Jan 29 '18 at 15:14
  • I notice that your first Ad Field is not shaded which means it has not run, which suggests you have put in an invalid field name. Must not have spaces, start with numbers or weird characters. – Hornbydd Jan 29 '18 at 16:41
  • I checked what I had entered into the first AddField tool. The field name is OP_GISLINK, it's a text field with max 25 characters. I might remove the iterate folder part and just make a batch input on the first AddFeild tool. I think that should work. – S. Price Jan 29 '18 at 19:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.