I'm trying to avoid/simplify the following manual process intended to create a polygons layer with exactly n polygons so that each polygon encloses the same or close to the same number of points in an existing points layer:
- Select the approximately correct number of points and create a convex hull n times to match the required number of polygons.
- Use v.clean\rmdupl to create separate polygons for overlapping areas.
- Use Eliminate Sliver Polygon to get touching but not overlapping coverage with n polygons.
- Use Points in Polygon to determine if the distribution is close to equal.
- Manually move polygon boundaries and rerun the counts as many times as needed to arrive at the solution.
The polygons do not need to be regularly shaped.