I am brand new to GRASS GIS (and GIS in general) and I am trying to use this for some real estate research. However, before even going down that path, I'm attempting to follow the Quick wxGUI tutorial (https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Quick_wxGUI_tutorial) just to see if I can open a map. I am having difficultly even doing this. Here is what I'm attempting to do:
- I have installed Grass GIS 7.4.0 in Mint Linux
- I downloaded the 'GRASS 7 full data' in zip format (nc_spm, 145MB)
- I have created a GIS Data Directory i '/home/me/grassdata'
- in the 'grassdata' folder, I have 3 directories (landsat, PERMANENT, user1) and 3 files (CREDITS.txt, HISTORY.txt, VERSION.txt)
- When I open GRASS GIS, I navigate to the 'grassdata' folder, it indicates 'No GRASS location found in /home/me/grassdata'. Create a new location or choose different GRASS database directory'
Which directory do I need to browse to for the 'Grass GIS database directory'?
Also, I don't see 'nc_spm_08' or 'spearfish60'.