This is a general question not software related. Is there a geoprocessing term used for clipping data using the holes in donuts polygons? I want the process to keep the data which are visible through the hole(s).

closed as unclear what you're asking by user30184, Evil Genius, Dan C, whyzar, BERA Jun 5 '18 at 18:27

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    Please clarify your question. After the clip, would the data that is visible through the hole be deleted or what? Do you play with vector or raster data? – user30184 Jun 5 '18 at 15:30
  • The data visible through the hole will be kept. – MyGIS Jun 6 '18 at 5:24
  • This is the default behavior, so "clipping" will suffice. – Vince Jun 8 '18 at 1:24
  • Please edit your question again to include what software and version you're using. You can add it as a tag as well. Screenshots also help people understand what you're trying to do. – Fezter Jun 8 '18 at 2:34
  • I am using QGIS , FME and ArcGIS. The question is not about about how to achieve the task. The question is what is the "name" of the processing task. If I used a software what would be the name of the tool if there is such thing? As I know clipping would clip taking in consideration the outer boundaries of the polygon and not the holes of the donut polygon. – MyGIS Jun 9 '18 at 2:49