Comparison of Open Source Desktop GIS Packages
I'm doing a little research to the available open source GIS-applications. I found a lot of OSGIS on the internet and now I'm trying to download them all and compare them using some technical components. I use:
- is it free?
- it is easily available (so no registration etc.)?
- can it visualise the data?
- can it manage the data?
- is what language is it written (C, C++, ...)?
- is there a large community behind it?
- it is easy to use (interface, ...)?
- in what language is the OSGIS (English, Dutch, French, ...)
What do you guys think about this? And most important: are there other technical components that could be much more important?
Thanx for the answers!