OS: Windows 8 with QGIS 3.2
when attempting the following clip-by-mask exercise, the result works on 2.18 but not 3.2.
The data I am using is the QGIS training data with the Alaska Shapefile and the SR_50M_alskaa_nad.tif raster.
The Alaska shapefile needs cleanup before using as a mask and here are the steps followed:
- Load the Alaska shapefile
- Enable Check Geometry and Topology plugins
- Run Vector/Check Geometries
- Run Check Topology with no overlaps, no dups, and no gaps
- Run Grass/Vector/v.clean setting sliver to 10,000
- Load SR_50M_alaska_nad.tif
- Processing/Toolbox/GDAL/Raster Extraction/clip raster by a mask
The error message is GDAL command output:
Warning 1: Ring Self-intersection at or near point -2632521.5885887709 5137728.2501277877 ERROR 1: Cutline polygon is invalid.
Is there another cleanup tool I can run on this file in QGIS 3.2 to correct this issue?