I am reworking an exercise that runs fine in QGIS 2.14 and 2.18 but have encountered an error in QGIS 3.2. I am using Windows 8.
I am using the Alaska training data and adding the majrivers and trees shapefiles. I select the Susitna River, which works fine and then set a buffer of 5000 around it. Here are the steps I am using in QGIS 3.2 (steps 3,4 and 5 were not needed in QGIS 2.18)
- Processing Toolbox/Vector Selection/Select by Attribute (set Description = Susitna River) and it highlights
- Vector/Geoprocessing Tools/Buffer ( input is majrivers, check the selected features only and dissolve, distance = 5000)
- Processing tools/Vector Geometry/Fix Geometries on the buffer layer
- Processing Tools/Vector Geometry/Check Validity
- Processing Tools/Vector Geometry/Remove Null Geometries
- Vector/Geoprocessing Tools/Intersection (Input layer is fixed geometries, intersection layer is trees)
The following error occurs when running intersection:
Feature (118) has invalid geometry. Please fix the geometry or change the Processing setting to the "Ignore invalid input features" option. Execution failed after 0.16 seconds
Are there other tools that can correct the invalid geometry for feature 118?