I have a column that has Greek characters:
What can I do to make it appear as it should?
What I have tried:
import sys reload(sys) sys.setdefaultencoding('utf-8')
It didn't work.
When I print it in the console it looks with unicode. If I check the attribute table looks normal.
To be more specific:
If I try this:
datasetList = arcpy.ListTables("*") # Here putting the name of the table ... ... for dataset in datasetList: ... with arcpy.da.SearchCursor(dataset, ["TheTableName","SqlString"]) as cur: ... for row in cur: ... print row
(u'Wes1', u'SELECT Wes1.KA, \r\nFROM Wes1\r\nWHERE (Wes1.KA) Not Like "*\u0395\u039a*"'))
Example of table
qname TheTableName SqlString 0 shp_q1 Wes1 SELECT ... 1 shp_q2 Wes2 SELECT ... 2 shp_q3 Wes3 SELECT ...
each Wes1,2,3 are files in a gdb.
The result with the unicode said above is produced in the terminal(python editor for ArcPy) INSIDE ArcMap.