Why does the the DEM when converted to UTM Zone 43N system give all values as 0 in QGIS? I followed the standard procedure of saving the parent layer and then assigning the CRS. When I open the same in ENVI, after editing the header and reassigning the projection of the parent layer, I can see that the units are in metres, but the same when opened in QGIS renders geographic lat/lon system.
To reproject a DEM data to UTM projection in a correct way, go to
Raster → Projections → Warp (Reproject)
- Select the Input File (DEM File).
- In the Output File: Give a new name to save the output
- Source SRS is the spatial reference system of the source DEM. In this example, it is EPSG:4326 (it means WGS 84)
- Check the Target SRS (the target projection): click on Select and choose UTM with correct zone or any desired projection with a meter unit
- Resample Method: Select Bilinear or Cubic. Here Cubic is selected.
- Click OK.