I have a large set of polygon features where I need to add some attribute value in "Name" field. Because it is a large set of polygons I want to have all polygons where I have add the value to be filled with some color and the empty ones to be uncolored. I am using ArcGIS 10.4. I have tried to create some new "Status" field depending on "Name" field with value 0 for unpopulated polygons and value 1 for populated polygons. On that way I can set the symbology by "Status" field. But I don't have idea how to do that.
- Right-click the layer and go to properties (aka Layer Properties)
- On the left side of the symbology tab change from the default 'Single symbol' to 'Categories'
- Choose the 'Name' field from the Value Field dropdown
- Click 'Add Values' and add the value of
- Change colors as you wish by simply clicking on the color
- Click OK