I have a grid in ArcGIS Pro that I've named the X and Y axis (in separate columns) and am now trying to do a field calculation on the total grid name (I've tried using both single and double quotes. I've tried using just a space, to test if maybe I needed an escape character):
!XAxis! + '-' + !YAxis! !XAxis! + "-" + !YAxis!
I don't receive an error, but I don't receive any results in my table (and yes, I have refreshed multiple times and multiple minutes after running the script, knowing that sometimes there seems to be a lag in Pro)
I've used the verification at the bottom of the screen to test my syntax and it comes out clean. No errors on run, in fact, it states that it is running successfully:
I've double checked my work against Esri articles and other things I've found online... https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000018207
I know that there are still a few odd bugs with Pro, but I'm hoping to find a work around (other than opening up Desktop and solving it there).
I have used a Field Calculation earlier in this exact same table to swap the X and Y axis values, when I saw that the labels did not match reality. So it's not that I don't have permissions to the table or anything like that.
All three fields I am working with (XAxis, YAxis and GridLocation) are all text fields with X & Y having field lengths of 5 (even though none are above 2 characters) and GridLocation having a field length of 15 (even though the calculation would never put the length above 11, even if both the other fields were maxed out).