I want to install a dt-classifier plugin I have downloaded from a web page (http://gis-lab.info/qa/dtclassifier-eng.html). I unzipped it to the qgis plugin directory but it won`t show up in my plugin manager in Q-GIS.What can I do?
Did you do exactly as described on the plugin homepage?
To work with plugin under Windows you need:
- download and install QGIS 1.8 or higher (read more)
- download the archieve with plugin and necessary libraries
- (optionaly) check md5 sum: 7622527e656373797080b4c40a9bb4f2 DTclassifier.7z
- extract archive into QGIS plugins directory (usually C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis-dev\plugins)
Linux binaries are also available. To work with plugin under Linux you need:
- download and install QGIS 1.8 or higher.If packages for your distribution are not available — you need to compile QGIS from source
- download the archieve with plugin: 32-bit binary (download) сompiled under 32-bit Slackware 13.1 using OpenCV 2.3.1
- (optionaly) check md5 sum: b3089f69602b9b55652380728f7b2a3c dtclassifier-linux.tar.bz2
- extract archive into QGIS plugins directory (usually /usr/lib/qgis/plugins)
After installing you should run QGIS and enable the DTclassifier in Plugin Manager ("Modules → Manage plugins").