I am trying to make a model that basically updates an original file with new data. I do this by using a mask to "erase" old data and then "merging" in the new data, however this creates a separate feature class. Since the original file is on a shared network, I can't just overwrite the file.
To achieve my goal of updating the original file, I empty it with "Truncate table"(Input %Name% being the orginal file, decided in the "Iterate Feature Classes"), after which I use "Append" to put the new data inside.
Seeing as my users might want to run multiple feature classes at once, I use an "Iterate Feature Classes" at the beginning of my tool.
My problem is in the result, my "updated feature class" gets created correctly with data and, for as far as I can tell, the "original feature class" gets emptied. However, somehow when the tool is done running, it returns an empty output (over the entire feature class, not just the updated bit underneath the mask). I have tried all different options of preconditioning, but nothing seems to be a solution.
It is important to note that, if I run these bit by bit in ModelBuilder itself, it does produce the correct result, but when I run the model it does not.
- The same result happens if I use "delete features" or "delete rows"
- Putting them into seperate models (making the updated file, emptying the original file and then appending) and putting those models into one model, also gives the same empty output
I am running ArcGIS Desktop 10.3.1. As extra information, I added a pictures of the attribute tables before and after the model runs and the model itself. I have been at this for several days and I cannot figure it out. The inout "New file" is the adjustments made feature class from the screenshot below.