We just started migrating from SQL Server to a PostgreSQL Server for production. Traditionally, we load a LYR file containing all of our symbology, then point it to our new GDB on the SQL Server. If we needed to modify an existing feature template, we could do so without any trouble.
Now, with PostgreSQL up and running, things are working a little different. Following the same process, we load in the LYR file, point to our GDB, and start editing. Now when we try to modify a feature template, specifically a field with a domain, the changes are not applied to features created from the template. We can open the template, and our changes are visible, but new features created with the template do not reflect changes.
Also, if we set up a new map document, add data with the same symbology as the LYR file (manually, not using the LYR file), there are no troubles with the feature templates.
Are there any known issues/solutions related to my situation?
EDIT: Software versions
SQL Server 2014
EDIT 2: Further testing
I've updated the PG cluster to 9.4.21, but the problem persists. I've also tested using LYR files for other schemas we use, and there are no issues there. I tried opening the LYR file in a fresh MXD, connecting to GDB, saving the MXD, and then running MXD Doctor to see if something was corrupted in the Featur Layer. No luck there either.
EDIT 3: ESRI Support
ESRI Support has been chewing on the issue for 2 months now with no resolution. They have been able to replicate the issue with ArcMap 10.4 - 10.6, and PostgreSQL 9.4.5 - 10.3. They are convinced that this is a bug. I'm surprised no one else has run into this issue before now. After digging further into our production workflows, I've been able to reproduce the issue with different gdb scehams using MXDs and LYRs.