I have a dataset that I would like to geocode using an API, but I am anticipating some difficulties. It would be helpful to know:
- is it even possible to geocode this?
- if yes, what API(s) would be the best to use and what data cleaning should I do first?
The dataset is as follows:
- Addresses are all in one column, not split by street number / street name / city / state / zip.
- The address is preceded by the name of the building at that address.
- For some rows, the street number / street name does not contain any spaces. For example: "ARDENWOOD ELEM SCH LIBRARY SIDE A 33955EMILIAFREMONT, CA 94555"
- For other rows, there are spaces. For example: "Blackcreek Center At Copper Cove Village 920 Black Creek Dr. Copperopolis, CA 95228"
- The dataset has ~11,000 rows, so manual cleaning is too time-consuming.