I've built out a model but it takes what feels like a very long time to run. About 60 seconds for each iteration and I only have 200 records. I am not sure what is normal or expected for these types of things? No tool in particular is drastically slower than the others, it's just all slow. I also feel like just a couple days ago virtually identical model was running much faster. It gets slower every day.
Does anyone have guidance on how to improve processing speed or are there other things in the background aside from the model itself that drastically slow this done? Looking to do anything I reasonably can to speed this up.
I've even tried coding some of it in ArcPy just using the same tools, testing out what might work. It ran even slower.
Attached is an image of the ModelBuilder and here is a list of the tools:
1) Active: Point Feature Class, approx 200 records
2) Iterates through each point
3) Pairwise Intersection to Identify the corresponding Parcel Record
4) Buffer .5 Mile Out
5) Intersect with Roads and School Zone polygon
6) Select which polygon layer the Selected Feature does not exist in (invert selection)
7) Delete the other polygons
8) Clip all other parcels that fall within our remaining polygon
In a nutshell identifying all parcels around a subject parcel that are within the same school zone and do not cross particular highways.