This question already has an answer here:
In this project, I have three polygons, see the image below
"Polygons_From", includes input attributes, i.g.
$areafor each quadrate (on the image there are two types of them).
"Polygons_To"polygons for which new values
"Value_3_new"need to be defined
"Border"defines an area where the calculation should be done.
My task is to transfer values from
"Polygons_To" based on a certain aspect/ratio. Of course, I can simply achieve it with
'Union' function as was suggested in this thread.
$area-factor, but perhaps there are better approaches that will lead me to a much more efficient output?
So, I am asking for a recommendation regarding the technique/workflow that can be applied in QGIS 2.18. Shall I consider only
$area or there are some other criteria?
Moreover, I looking forward to finding some papers that may improve my general understanding of the methodology.
- Calculating the area of one layer inside area of another layer QGIS
- Calculating polygon area inside another polygon in QGIS
- Combining data from overlapping polygons and assign
- How to combine data from overlapping polygons?
- Calculating area of polygon inside region?
- Calculate proportional area of polygon within another layer's polygon