If two polylines intersect with each other and there are more than 2 intersect points, there is more than 1 closed area will be created. How can I get these areas as polygons in ArcGIS?
I found a not-so-elegant solution:
- Merge the polyline A into one feature;
- Merge the polyline B into one feature;
- Convert A and B to raster (both has value 1 for valid pixel, the same resolution and extent);
- Mosaic two rasters into one C (prefer ENVI or Geotiff formats);
- Find all pixels in the holes using Python;
- Calculate the area = count_of_pixel_in_hole * area_of_pixel.
This is a proximation, but close enough.