I'm trying to use ArcHydroTools in ArcMap 10.2.2 and this error always appears in the finish of the process:
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module> File "C:\Program Files (x86)\ESRI\WaterUtils\ArcHydro\bin\ArcHydroTools.py", line 6805, in FillSinks raise e arcgisscripting.ExecuteError: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. at ESRI.ArcGIS.Geoprocessing.GeoProcessorClass.Execute(String Name, IVariantArray ipValues, ITrackCancel pTrackCancel) at ESRI.APWR.ApHydro.ArcHydroOp.FillSinks(ApLayers& aplayers, Boolean useIsSink, Boolean fillAll, Double fillLimit, ITrackCancel trackCancel, IGPMessages messages, String& exMessage) in C:\Builds\HydroSolutions\10.2_ArcHydro\Sources\ArcHydroTools\src\ApHydro\ArcHydroOp.vb:line 64688 Failed to execute (FillSinks).
My code is:
import arcpy import ArcHydroTools from arcpy import env ws = env.workspace = r"C:/python_results" input_name = "C:/python_results/project.tif" output_name = "C:/python_results/Fil" ArcHydroTools.FillSinks(input_name, output_name)
I tried this options (which I found in another answer here) but nothing changed:
- moved all of my data under C:\data\
- created new file geodatabase (named testing.gdb) under that folder
- increased the max number of unique values to render
- set out the targets (C:\data for raster and C:\data\testing.gdb for vector files) using ApUtilites
- set out the processing extent to the extent of my DEM (Geoprocessings>Environments>Processing extent ) )
- saved my project as testing.mxd under C:\data
- set testing.gdb to be default workspace. (this finally solved the last errors I was getting)
- also named my data frame simply to "data" since ArcHydro -tools tend to add data frame name to output-file paths. I'm not sure if step this is needed.
I know that this error normally is about the communication between machines, but maybe is about computer memory, I don't know...