I am not a QGIS expert.
I have to create a kml file to be used as a boundary.
- I started using qgis with two different shapefiles that feature
- I separated the polygons of the two shapefiles.
- I merged the polygons that interested me thus creating two new shapefiles.
- I converted the two shapefiles into two new kml files.
- Since I did not succeed in merging the two kml files with qgis, I use an online kml merger and it worked.
- I reduced the size of the newly merged kml file with qgis simplifying its geometry and then I filled the holes that formed inside the polygon. This kml file is well shown in Google Earth and in qgis.
- Since I am finding problems in using this new kml file in the site where it should be used as a boundary, I decided to run the geometry check tool
- the geometry check tool showed that the whole kml file has an invalid geometry (it is red in its entirety).
How do I fix this problem?