I have 2 fields in the same table which represent the same thing but they were unioned from 2 different data sets, lets call them A and B. Lets say there are 50 records in total, of which A has 25 and B has 25, all of which are distinct (ie. no overlap). How do I go about combining these 2 fields into one field. I'm using ArcMap 10.5.
If you don't want to use code you could use the field calculator with selections or definition query.
- Open the table
- Select by attribute/definition query where
Field1 IS NOT NULL
- Field calculate field desiredresult = Field1
- Clear you selection query/definition query
- Add a new selection/definition query where
Field2 IS NOT NULL
- Field calculate field desiredresult = Field2