I have a layer with about 100 buildings and another layer that shows the extent of a flood. When I use the 'select by location,' it selects the ~50 buildings that would be underwater if a flood occurred. Is there a way to take those 50 selected polygons and push it to a new/separate layer or table?
This has a straightforward solution. The below steps are copied directly from the link provided below, and should be applicable to most (if not all) versions of ArcGIS:
- In ArcMap, select features using any selection method.
- Right-click the layer that contains the selected features, point to Data > Export Data.
- Click Export > Selected Features.
- Make a selection for the coordinate system to use.
- For the Output feature class text box, click the Browse button and navigate to the existing geodatabase to which you will export.
- Type the name for the new feature class you will create.
- Click OK.