I am new to QGIS. I need to create hundreds of shapefile layers with the same fields but different points and attribute values:
- The first shapefile one I created with 12 fields (columns).
- To create the second, I duplicated the first one.
- Unchecked the first one to guarantee its safe.
- In the attribute table, deleted all the points of the second since the only thing important here is to keep the fields titles.
- Start to map new points with its new attributes.
After click on save layer edits, all my points on the first layer are gone. I can not understand why the points and data on the first layer are being deleted.