I am quite new to GIS area. I have a polygon and use concave hull function I could get a boundary like this


What I what to do is add a certain-width band along the boundary, so that it could look like this

desired output

Is there any way to do this in R?

  • 3
    That's called a "buffer." It should be well documented in the software manual. – csk Jul 8 '19 at 18:42
  • 3
    depending on how you've stored your polygon you can use either gBuffer from the rgeos package or st_buffer from the sf package. – Spacedman Jul 8 '19 at 21:11
  • 2
    Thank you guys! The problem is solved nicely. – HAOYANG MI Jul 8 '19 at 23:06

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.