I'm trying to remap a papermap of a festival with QGIS. I tried to use the advanced digitalizing tool to set the right distances and angles between the point but noticed that the distance I put in isn't correctly set in the map.
To reproduce the problem do the following steps:
- Load google satellite map
- Go to coordinate X: 1041106.209718 Y: 7007221.582073 (this should be on a small airport in northern Germany)
- Create a temporary layer with geometry set to polygon
- Activate the advanced digitalizing tool and set the first point of the polygon at the given coordinate
- Press D on the keyboard and enter any distance you want to (I used 25,611) and set the second point and any third point so the polygon is valid
- Use the measuring tool to check if the first segment has the desired length. In my case it was permanently too short.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
I am using QGIS 3.8 on Linux Mint 19 Tara