I had Qgis 3.4 running well on my PC Windows 10, 64 bit. I tried to upgrade to Qgis 3.8 Zanzibar and I had the error message: ''Qgis_app.dll is missing check runtime environment check C:\OSGEO4W64\bin\qgis-dev-bin-g.exe''.
So far, I tried the folowwing:
- install countless times with OSGEO
- install from OSGeo and direct download, the 3.8 don't work
- go back to the older 3.4 version (from OSGEO or direct donwload), it didn't work
- run the from the qgis.bat file
- installed qgis 3.4 as administrator
- copy and paste the qgis.bat.temp and change the name to qgis.bat
- Tried to change the path of OSGeo in the .bat file, but I was a little bit lost...?
OSgeo4W shell does not launch from my start menu either, instead I have a text file opening with a text editor software. Grass Gis 7.2 doesn't work also, I also have a text file opening with a text editor software.
Funnily, I have two folders created for QGIS (or I believe so, but I'm not sure):
C:\Program Files\QGIS 3.8\bin
Could this be one of the reason? Should I append one of the path file, if yes, how should I do it?