I have two shapefiles, one that contains data from our Corporate GIS system and another that I want to import into a software model.
I want to select a subset of the Corporate GIS data (for instance all reservoirs in a given area) and create a new SHP for use in a model. I want to utilise only a subset of the attributes and rename them to match the schema for the model. I am happy to recreate the model SHP every time.
At present, I export it into Excel, and manually manipulate the data. However, I would like to ultimately do this step in a Process Model in QGIS so I can automate it. Is this possible to do? I tried joins but to no success.
For example, I would use an expression to Filter the Corporate SHP to the records I want. Then translate the fields and selection into a new SHP
- Corporate SHP (AssetID) -> Skip
- Corporate SHP (Name) - > Model SHP (ID)
- Corporate SHP (Value) -> Skip
- Corporate SHP (Level) -> Model SHP (RL)
- Corporate SHP (Easting) -> Model SHP (X)
- Coprorate SHP (Northing) -> Model SHP (Y)