I have a view in an Oracle 12c geodatabse:
create or replace view parcel_vw as ( select p.* from parcel p left join for_gis.gis_locations@gistomax loc --<-- Join to database link on p.propertyid = loc.location ) [there are 680 records in the view/fc]
The view has a database link to a table in a separate Oracle database.
- Note: The join to the dblink does not propagate-out more records; the relationship is 1 to 1.
This is what happens when I use the view in Arcmap 10.7.1:
- Registered=n; dblink=y; WORKS
- Registered=y; dblink=n; WORKS
- Registered=y; dblink=y; BUGGY
In #3, when I try to select all features, I get buggy results:
- Occasionally: ArcMap crashes
- Consistently: Not all of the records can be selected with the select tool in the map.
- Consistently: None of the records can be selected in the attribute table with the Select All tool.
Why does the view (with dblink) become buggy when registered with the geodatabase?