I am working with QGIS and I have a DTM of a river. I need to extract multiple cross sections (one every 10m), and they must be perpendicular to the river center line. Can you tell me how to do that, with the passages?
Try Cross Profiles tool in the
Processing Toolbox > SAGA > Terrain Analysis - Profiles.
(1) Make sure to reproject your DEM to XY(m) coordinates.
(2) Prepare your river center line(s), perhaps by digitizing manually.
(3) Start the tool and set each parameters:
- DEM: Your DEM layer
- Lines: Your river line(s) layer
- Profile Distance: 10m
- Profile length: The length of profile you need.
- Profile Samples: Number of sampling points along the cross profile. Please calculate this number beforehand by
profile length(m) * 2 / sampling interval(m).