Hello: I have the following:
- Shapefile of the world with the boundaries of each country
- Successfully imported shapefile into PostGIS database
- Can display map of the world in a browser via Openlayers.
- A data (CSV) file where each record has
- birth country,
- lat and long of the country of birth (which matches the lat & long in the shapefile)
I am trying to figure out the best approach to display a map where each country (based on the CSV data) that has a 100 or more people with a color say red or green....
So my question is: If I create a separate table with the CSV data, is there a way link this table with the shapefile table to do the above?
Do I need to merge the CSV data into the shapefile table in order to accomplish the above
I am using PostGIS, mapserver and Openlayers