I would like to do a join by location between two point layers in QGIS 3 (3.4.10, Coruña). I would like to get the mean (or median) value of an attribute all the points of point layer 2 within a 5 meter radius of every point of point layer 1.
In ArcMap my approach would be:
- Point layer 1 & 2: spatial join, fill in the field map as "Mean" for the attribute, set join as "within a distance" and fill in 5 meters.
My approch in QGIS3 would be:
- point layer 1: Add autoincremental field so i have a unique id for every feature
- point layer 1: Buffer of 5 meter
- buffered layer & point layer 2: Join attributes by location (Summary), fields to summarise -> the attribute field en summaries to calculate-> mean
- Point layer 1 and summarised layer: Join attributes by field value on the base of the id field made in step one.
I walk through this process all the time, so I was wondering if there is a stand alone tool/plugin in QGIS3 for this?