Which books from Esri Press can you recommend?
This question has been converted to Community Wiki and wiki locked because it is an example of a question that seeks a list of answers and appears to be popular enough to protect it from closure. It should be treated as a special case and should not be viewed as the type of question that is encouraged on this, or any Stack Exchange site, but if you wish to contribute more content to it then feel free to do so by editing this answer.
- Getting to Know ArcGIS Desktop: for learning the BASICS of GIS
- Designing Geodatabases: Case Studies in GIS Data Modeling :This book provides a good introduction of steps and principles in designing geodatabases
- A to Z GIS: An Illustrated Dictionary of Geographic Information Systems: AN ILLUSTRATED DICTIONARY OF GEOGEPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS.
- The ESRI Guide to GIS Analysis Volume 1: Geographic Patterns & Relationships
- The ESRI Guide to GIS Analysis: Volume 2: Spatial Measurements and Statistics :An extremely basic, starting point for any would-be GIS Analyst
- Designing Better Maps is great resource, even if you don't use ESRI products.
- Modeling Our World was helpful for me as well, especially at the begining of my adventure with GIS. It seems this book has been updated, however I haven't had a chance to see 2nd edition.
- Getting to Know ArcObjects An awesome book that I still reference regularly. Need something of a similar standard, but updated around .NET instead of VBA. (VBA is being deprecated)
- Lining Up Data in ArcGIS: A Guide to Map and your going to need to know about projections.
- Semiology of Graphics: Diagrams, Networks, Maps is excellent, and is the most popular non-GIS book published by ESRI.
- GIS for Decision Support and Public Policy Making is a must-read for anyone interested in GIS for local governments. The authors go over specific case studies for 27 jurisdictions and shows the specific ROI they experienced from their GIS projects.
- Fun with GPS: on the lighter side, it has lots of ideas for doing GPS with kids (and kid-minded adults)
- Python Scripting for ArcGIS: Python Scripting for ArcGIS is a guide for experienced users of ArcGIS Desktop to get started with Python scripting without needing previous programming experience.