QGIS 3.10 honors my change of the default CRS for new projects--until I exit... (Caveat: I've discovered that something is changing the default setting even during a session.) Repeatably, QGIS 3.10, Ubuntu 18.04:
- % qgis
- Project->Properties->CRS, note default CRS: WGS 84
- Settings->Options->CRS, note CRS-for-projects setting: "Use CRS from first layer added."
- Change to: Use a default CRS and change default from WGS 84 to EPSG:5070 - NAD83/Conus Albers
- still on CRS page, note CRS-for-layers setting: Default CRS: WGS 84 and "Leave as an unknown CRS."
- Leave default CRS for layers set to WGS 84
- Change to "Use Project CRS"
- Unselect "Ask for a datum tranformation" (I don't know which to pick anyway.)
- Click "OK" to close Settings window
- Project->Properties->CRS, note default CRS still WRS 84
- Project->Properties->CRS, note CRS has changed to EPSG:5070
- Save the new, empty project.
- Or don't: the behavior is the same.
- Exit QGIS and re-start.
- GOTO 1. (that is, changes have been ignored)
Is there a step I'm missing to inform QGIS to make the change permanent?