I am having trouble with a section of a larger ModelBuilder routine. I have extracted all but the offending tools to see if I could get those to work. Basically, it takes a raster DEM and converts it to an integer raster based upon a cutoff value. It then converts the integer raster to polygons using the Raster to Polygon tool. It is at this point that it fails.
The model employs a FOR iterator to go through the DEM at increasing elevations of 10. If I run it through just once (beginning and ending elevations are equal), no problem. But if I iterate it two or more times, I get this error:
ERROR 000622: Failed to execute (RasterToPolygon). Parameters are not valid.
ERROR 000861: Field: is not valid.
Failed to execute (Raster to Polygon).
A couple of things to add:
- If I execute it from the Edit menu using Run, it works fine and I get multiple outputs.
- There are no spaces in the paths to the files. Changed this to the default .gdb with the same problem.
- The output polygons do not approach the 2.1 gb limit for features I noted in the ESRI documentation.
- I am running it in foreground.
- There is definitely data at each stage of the iteration. I tested this by running each level as a single pass.
- I am using %value% to change the intermediate file names for each pass.
I am at a loss as to what I am doing wrong.