I am using ArcMap 10.7 to map data points (decimal degrees) across eight countries. I have an Excel .csv file that contains the data points (548 rows), but when I import the data (as a .csv) and try to "Display XY data", some of the points do not display. Note: all of these points are in one country. Within Excel, I double-checked that the latitude and longitude values for this country are correct (they are). I have plotted these same data coordinates (decimal degrees) in a smaller excel .csv before, and they displayed in ArcMap.
Here are the steps I followed to import my data:
Option 1: Catalog -> Navigate to folder containing .csv file -> Drag .csv file into Data frame -> Use "Make XY Event Layer" from the ArcToolbox -> Select Latitude (Y) and Longitude (X) -> Add to map
Option 2: File -> Add Data -> Add XY Data -> Select file -> Select Latitude (Y) and Longitude (X) -> Add to map
Both of these scenarios did not display all data.
Some locations not appearing in Display XY data
Solutions I've tried:
- Import dataset as a .csv file into an empty ArcMap document (i.e. no basemap or other shapefiles present).
- Re-save Excel .csv file as a new .csv, re-import into ArcMap
- Clear formatting of .csv, re-save as a new .csv, re-import into ArcMap
- Delete all other rows in .csv besides Latitude, Longitude and "Country", then re-save .csv and re-import into ArcMap
- Click .csv file in Table of Contents, click Data -> Export -> Save as dBase table -> Add to map as layer
- Open up old .csv where the data for this country appeared, copy these data into a new .csv with the rest of the coordinates that work, re-import into ArcMap.
None of these solutions have worked. Is there anything else I can do to fix this issue?