I'm following this link: https://pdal.io/development/writing.html#writing My environment is Windows 10 I already have Visual Studio 2019 installed.
- Install Conda, create environment "pdal", install pdal on that environment.
- Open Conda terminal window. I did "echo %PATH%" and saw that "...\anaconda3\envs\pdal\Library\bin" is in the PATH.
- Copy the files tutorial.cpp and CMakeLists.txt from PDAL github
- Install CMake
- Run cmake. Visual Studio .sln file was created. No error.
- Open the .sln using Visual Studio and build the solution. No error. tutorial.exe was created.
Note: steps 3-6 are run inside Conda "pdal" environment.
When I tried to run the tutorial.exe from the command line, I got a debug error. When I tried to run it from VS, using "Start without Debugging", I got all these:
The code execution cannot proceed because ____.dll was not found.
But these .dll files are in the "...\anaconda3\envs\pdal\Library\bin" folder which is in the PATH.
Can anyone point me to what I missed?