I want to create a webgis using arcgis viewer for silverlight. i install arcgi viewer . when i want to connect to arcgis server service , the application show the error" unable to connect to "http://server name/ArcGIS/services/test". I copied clientaccesspolicy.xml into C:\inetpub\wwwroot but the application show same error . i tried "http://server name:8399/arcgis/services/test" but it doesn't solve my problem. i couldn't find any good help for this reason . what's my problem ?
It's difficult to tell what is being asked here. This question is ambiguous, vague, incomplete, overly broad, or rhetorical and cannot be reasonably answered in its current form. For help clarifying this question so that it can be reopened, visit the help center. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
Answer these questions by editing your Question to include the additional information.
Open a browser.
- Can you hit servername/ArcGIS/rest/services/ ?
- Can you hit servername:8399/ArcGIS/rest/services/ ?
- Can you hit servername/ArcGIS/rest/services/yourmapservice/mapserver ?
- Can you confirm the error is happening when your browsing to your ArcGIS Server, or when you add a particular map service from that ArcGIS Server?
- Can you confirm your clientaccesspolicy.xml looks similar to this?
Also from the Esri Help:
Use the InitializationFailure event on the layer to determine if an error is occurring, and interrogate the error message. View the HTTP request and response using a standard tool for interrogating HTTP communication such as Fiddler, Silverlight Spy, FireBug (FireFox add-on), and so on.
In particular, would be interesting to see the HTTP logs to identify whats causing the issue.