I know ArcPy allows you to access geometries directly using the CopyFeatures_management method. Note in their code sample for the Geometry object, it is very simple to copy the geometries to in-memory objects of type Geometry (and extremely fast). The geometry object of course relates to the geometry/shape and completely bypasses attribute information.
My question is whether there is a way to identify the OID of each geometry cheaply?
A little background in what I am trying to perform:
- For all feature classes in a geodatabase
- Read through each feature's geometry
- Go over the points in the geometry
- Calculate the distances between the points
- If the distance is below a threshold, that specific feature needs to marked for review (meaning I need either the OID/FID or any other field to identify it).
As I am still in ArcGIS 10.0, I would prefer to not use cursors that seem to work a lot slower than simply dealing with the geometries.