I have a layer of lines that represents a layer of plots. I want to eliminate all the inner segments to have only the segments that go out into the street. Thus, I want to determine the sum of the segments that lead to the road. I started like this:
- We removed the double segments with the function "Delete duplicate geometries"
- I used dissolve on the group field to form a single line for a single plot.
- I turned the lines into polygons.
- I dissolved again on the resulting polygons to remain only with the contour of the plots, without the inner lines.
- I used "Extract by location", using the touch parameter to extract the face to the street (only the lines facing the street)
This is the end result. Do you have any idea why these lines are broken and do not return the outline of my plot? Do you have any idea if there is a difference between layers? Or if not, you know some other way to extract these lines, but extract it from the original file, to keep the tabular data and segment characteristics.
After buffering the layer, it looks like this: I set the tolerance of 0.00000001. However, I think it works even smaller.