I know this has been asked before, and there have been a lot of responses to this;
- Redrawing slow in ArcMap
but I have spent days, if not weeks digging through all the responses with basically little evidential results or improvements. For this reason I am asking again, and bringing to the fore.
When using ArcGIS Pro I experience an awful lot of slow speed issues, including:
- time to take to click between ribbon tools,
- opening tools,
- running tools,
- panning through maps with minimal or no data on,
- folder operations,
- cancelling geoprocessing tools.
- All data is local, except for the ESRI basemap. (it's faster without the ESRI basemaps but the software and ribbon use is still incredibly slow - I don't even try to look at the Geography of Map layers in the Catalog view).
- All data layers are transformed on the fly to the Projection system of the basemap (WGS)- this is only a short term solution as it shouldn't be a requirement; people need to to work in a lot of other projection and CRSs.
- I have 60mbps bandwidth
- My machine has 16GB of RAM and is and i7-9850 machine; its specified FOR GIS.
Through testing it has to be the software because when I open the same data in QGIS, it's almost instantaneous.
I don't really know what to do.