We have several layers stored in a
PostgreSQL database with
PostGIS extension (Stored on
AWS RDS Instance).
The connection has been working perfectly to date.
I get asked for login credentials every time I open the
QGIS 3.16.5 project which is stored locally.
What I'd like to happen:
I'd like to open the QGIS project and have the layers loaded from
PostGIS database without needing to authenticate every time.
Why it's important:
- Saves time every time we open a project
- Multiple database connections means entering credentials for every database connection
- I'd like to know how to improve the UX for our users
What I have tried:
- Stored credentials as plain text in the project file
Edit PostGIS Connection > Authentication > Basic > Check Store checkbox
- Converted to configuration.
Edit PostGIS Connection > Authentication > Configurations > Create Authentication Configuration > Fill in Authentication Dialog inputs
Resources I've looked at already:
- Is this a known bug with the
3.16-LTR, if so where can I find out more?
- Am I managing the connections incorrectly or overlooking something?
Windows 10 Professional
QGIS Version -