I am using ArcMap. I need to extract the intersection point of the cross section line (blue line) where it intersect with the height variation value of 5m in both sides of the section from the mid point(green point)of centre line represented by red line. Elevation values stored in DEM
He is a suggested workflow for you to follow:
- Make sure your blue lines and green points share a common ID value (integer) that links them
- Convert your line to raster based upon that ID, use the Polyline to Raster tool
- Extract from the DEM the cells under the raster line using Extract by Mask
- Identify the elevation under your green point for that line, you could use Get Cell Value tool
- Now use the CON tool to identify the pixel that is green point elevation + 5m, all others get set to nodata.
- Repeat for next line
Unless your base DEM is changing by units of exactly 1m then you might have to bracket the 5m value and maybe except 5m +/- 2m.