I use to create several projects very similar everyday.
For every project, I always do very repetitive task:
- create and style vector layers (road, roof, buildings) with same style and fields attributes
- create map themes using sames layers name
- organize the layers's order
- save my layer at the root folder of my QGIS file project.
Before automatize these tasks in PyQGIS, I would like to know the different approaches I could use.
My firsts ideas was to:
- 1rst idea: create GeoPackage project with all layers, style and themes empty (without any entity). Import the project and save as in a new GeoPackage at the new location.
- 2cnd idea: save style in .qml then create layers in a new project in PyQGIS then Organize layers in PyQGIS then create them in PyQGIS
In my opinion this kind of need should be common but I'm not sure which approach should I use in order to automatize this kind of workflow.