I am working on a project used for data capture on fields, through Qfield.
Today, with around 1100 entities, QGIS takes a lot of time to display the information, even if I use a single symbol.
Could you tell me what is slowing down QGIS ?
I have a few leads:
- I'm using many relations (in this project, 7 for each of the 3 layers).
- I'm referring to the relations to display labels (but disabling labels doesn't change anything)
- I'm using a virtual field (I have read that these fields can slow down QGIS)
- Is the CRS can have an impact ?
- Should I create Spatial index ?
I'm only using Shapefile. I also deactivate the option "Show feature count" and I removed all the variables to control shapes and colors.
I add a link to download a simplified project if you want to check. At least opening it and telling me if you have the same issue. Test_project
My computer is working under Windows 7, RAM: 16Go, CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2,80GHz.
I updated my project as advised. No more virtual field, which make the project faster. But now, without virtual field, I cannot get the information from relation layer(s).
I created a normal field for which I apply default value on update and I activated data dependencies on the relation layers. This field is only updated if I modify its layer.
EDIT 2: I uploaded a second test project with the modifications. Test project 2