Just got started with QGIS (the software) today and I'm getting Null for a hand-drawn polygon, even for a circle shape. Here is what I've done:
- Installed QuickMapServices plugin
- Installed GeoCoding plugin
- Created new Project
- Added ESRI Satellite ArcGIS/WorldImagery 3857 layer
- Added Scratch Temp layer also 3857 (later a shapefile layer)
- Proceeded to draw an irregular hand-drawn polygon (later circle)
- Added area field, decimal, 10, 2
- Open attribute table but resulting area is NULL
As mentioned I've tried creating a shapefile layer and drawing a simple circle shape as well with the same area field params but still get NULL.
Not sure if its relevant but I'm following this video tutorial:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vwQ0o_t4XQ
Did I miss a parameter somewhere that I needed to configure?