I hesitate to ask for standard symbols, but is there a de facto standard symbol(s)? Or a popular set of symbols to use for electronic markers?

Our utility will soon start marking with electronic ball markers similar to these: http://images.pennnet.com/articles/ww/thm/th_193172.jpg (from Water World Article 'Municipality Marks New Pipelines for Future Access').
enter image description here

I found this one somewhere, but I can't remember where I grabbed it from:
alt text

Are there others?

  • USA Standards?? – Mapperz Jan 18 '11 at 14:59
  • USA for me, but I'll upvote others. – Jay Cummins Jan 18 '11 at 15:17

Here is what is in arcmap 10. But somehow I don't think that is what you are looking for:)

alt text

  • I looked through the ArcMap 10 symbols prior to posting the question. Are there electronic marker symbols in there and I missed it? – Jay Cummins Jan 18 '11 at 16:30
  • Duh, You said electronic not water or waste water. I'll have to learn what electronic markers are first. :o – Brad Nesom Jan 18 '11 at 16:51
  • The physical asset is called an electronic marker (as you can imagine, searching for marker returned a useless result set). So I'm looking an electronic marker (map symbol) to represent an electronic marker (plastic balls that are buried w/ the underground asset). – Jay Cummins Jan 18 '11 at 18:28

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.