I am working on a Weather based GIS App.
I have the data from several weather stations, and this data will updated daily (by a web service).
The obstacles I am facing are:
- There are currently 40 recording stations, but that might change
- Different Stations record different number of parameter, some record 5, some record 7. ect
- Some of the parameters are recorded daily (ex: Max Temperature), some are recorded hourly (current temperature) while others are recorded Weekly.
- Some facilities at a particular recording station might be decommissioned (for eg: A station that is currently reporting 7 parameters, might report only 5 next year)
- Sometimes a parameter might not be reported due to technical issues; Hence I should be able to differentiate between, value=0, null value & value not recorded.
I am working with ArcGIS (desktop & Server) for the spatial part of this web app & using ArcSDE is not a problem , but I think that this kind of database is best left as a pure Database & not bring ArcSDE into it.
Can anybody suggest any books or links that would help me?