Using ArcGIS 10.1 for Desktop, I'm trying to run the Identity function on two large data sets but it fails every time. I don't think it is a lack of hardware as I can run other processes on the same data sets.
I've already updated software, and added the 64 bit geoprocessing add-in, checked and repaired geometry, and done the fix in KB29559 (set ARCTMPDIR env variable to a writable local folder).
Executing: Identity DudleyStamp OA2011 "D:\Case Studies\National2\National.gdb\DudleyStampOA11" ALL "1 Meters" NO_RELATIONSHIPS Start Time: Wed May 08 21:11:43 2013 Reading Features... Processing Tiles... Assembling Tile Features... ERROR 999999: Error executing function. The table was not found. The table was not found. [DudleyStampOA11] The table was not found. The table was not found. [DudleyStampOA11] Invalid Topology [Topoengine error.] Failed to execute (Identity). Failed at Wed May 08 21:45:41 2013 (Elapsed Time: 33 minutes 58 seconds)
Based on comments so far I tried copying data to new file geodatabase, and running the tool from ArcCatalog still get exactly the same error.
I have ordered 16GB of the fastest RAM my computer can take (I current have 4GB). I also have a 6 Core AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, SSD, and AMD Radeon HD 6970 Graphics Card. So I'm not sure what more hardware I can add.
I've also tried increasing the size of the page file which was a suggestion I found on Google with no effect.