I am a GIS analyst/geologist with a mining company based in Canada. However most of my fieldwork is in remote places with minimal access to the internet. I am after a reliable alternative to ArcPad and ESRI running on either ipad or android tablets. I have already tried several apps like Mapitfast and cartomobile but Ive been unimpressed with either their UI and/or inability to share/access data off the device.
Some tools I need are:
- Creating rock outcrop maps
- Editing/importing geology polygons
- GPS tracking that can be exported for later use
- Photo-tagging would be a plus
- Bing or Google as a background image
Thanks in advance.